Global Advance Leasing (hereinafter called the Owner) will let and the hirer named in the schedule hereto (hereinafter called the Hirer) will take on hire upon the following terms and conditions the motor vehicle described in the schedule hereto (hereinafter called the Vehicle).
WHEREBY IT IS AGREED as follows:-
1. The Hirer shall be a mere bailee of the vehicle and no interest in it shall pass to the hirer. The Vehicle shall at all times remain the property of the Owner and the Hirer shall not do or permit or cause to be done any matter or thing whereby the rights of the Owner in respect of the Vehicle may be prejudicially affected.
2. The Hiring shall commence on the date and at the time specified in the schedule and shall continue for the period and end on the date and at the same time therein stated unless extended as expressly requested by the Hirer.
3. The Hirer having paid in cash prior to the commencement of this Agreement the hire charge specified in the schedule no part of such charge shall under any circumstances be refundable. If the Hirer fail to return the vehicle at the expiration of the period of hire then without prejudice to the other rights of the Owner the Hirer shall pay to the Owner for every hour elapsing between the time of such expiration and the time the Vehicle is returned to the owner such further hire charge in accordance with the Owner's current rate of hire charges or at such other rate as the Owner may in its absolute discretion think fit.
4. The Hirer shall also pay in cash prior to the commencement of the period of hire the deposit specified in the schedule. The Owner shall (without prejudice to his other rights against the Hirer) be at liberty to retain out of such deposit:-
(i) the first portion of any damage or loss for which the Hirer undertakes to be responsible regardless of negligence as set out in the schedule;
(ii) the amount of any loss or damage for which the Hirer is responsible under the provisions of Clause 7 hereof;
(iii) any additional charge payable under Clauses 3 and 13 hereof.
5. The Vehicle may only be driven by the Hirer or by the person or persons who have been expressly designated and authorised in the schedule hereof. The driver or drivers must be in possession of a valid driving licence and shall at all times drive the Vehicle in a careful and skillful manner, observing the traffic regulations and laws in the event of any breach thereof, the hirer shall pay all fines and penalties which may be incurred and shall also answer all Police and Traffic Court Summonses, Notices and Inquiries in connection therewith. Particular attention is to be accorded to the following:-
(i) the Hirer shall ensure that the Vehicle do not carry load or passengers in excess of the Motor Vehicle's Licensed carrying capacity (i.e. one driver and four passengers);
(ii) the Hirer shall not drive the vehicle whilst under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs;
(iii) it is expressly forbidden to hire the Vehicle out to third persons or to let unauthorised persons or learners to use the Vehicle or permit the Vehicle to be used for purposes which conflict with the law (for instance: in connection with theft, drug trafficking, smuggling or any other criminal action) or for the purposes of test or racing. Failure to comply may entail serious consequences as the Hirer assumes full responsibility and in the event of the Vehicle being seized, confiscated or forfeited under this Clause the Hirer shall indemnify the Owner to the value of the vehicle or replace the same at his own expense with a similar vehicle of equal value and shall bear all costs and expenses to which the owner may incur or be put or exposed.
6. The Hirer shall not take the Vehicle outside Singapore, including without limitation, Malaysia without prior written consent of the owner and payment of additional charges to the Owner.
7. The Hirer acknowledges that he is familiar with the general conditions of the Owner's standard policy of insurance which is available for inspection at the Owner's office (during the normal office hours). The Hirer agrees to fulfill all the obligations of the insured and not to do anything which could endanger or minimized the protection afforded by the insurance. The Vehicle is under motor insurance policy containing an optional Excess Clause of any amount prescribed by the policy in force. The optional Excess Clause may be waived upon payment of a prescribed charge by the Hirer on the current premium rate.
8. The Vehicle is NOT covered by a motor insurance policy covering personal accident or death liability by the Hirer, his passengers or such additional driver of the Hirer and the Owner shall not be responsible for any liability, claims, injuries or otherwise for any accident, death or other losses arising from the use of the vehicle. However, agreements may be made at the request of the Hirer for such coverage during the period of the hire up to a maximum coverage of S$50,000/- upon the Hirer paying to the owner the current rate of premium as evidenced by his initial in the P.A.I. space provided in the Schedule hereto. A copy of such a policy is available for inspection at the owner's place of business for the time being.
9. The Hirer or driver shall report all accidents involving the Vehicle to the Owner or the insurance company immediately or no later than 24 hours after the accident. The Hirer or driver shall not acknowledge or compound any claim either partially or in full. It is important that they secure the names and address of all witnesses as well as the Registration number of all vehicles involved in the accident. All communications or letters received from the police or third parties are to be unanswered and referred to the Owner or insurance company immediately.
10. The Owner shall not under any circumstances be liable to make any payment to the Hirer in respect of or to indemnify the Hirer against any loss injury or damage sustained by the Hirer or by any third party as a result of the presence or use of the Vehicle or as a result of any defect therein and in taking delivery of the Vehicle the Hirer shall be deemed to have satisfied himself that it is in all respects roadworthy and in a proper and safe condition.
11. The Hirer shall be solely responsible for and hold the Owner fully indemnified against all costs and expenses (including costs on a Solicitor and Client basis) which may be brought against or incurred by the Owner as a result of any accident involving the Vehicle or suffered or incurred by the Owner a result of any breach or default on the part of the Hirer in the discharge of its obligations under this Agreement.
12. If for any reason the Vehicle described in the schedule or any other vehicle ordered by the Hirer prior to the commencement of the period of hire is not available at the time of such commencement, the Owner shall have the right to replace the vehicle with an alternative vehicle of similar seating capacity and performance and if no such alternative vehicle is available or if the Owner shall decline to provide an alternative vehicle then the hirer shall be repaid any hire charge and deposit (if any) paid by him but shall have no other claim of any kind whatsoever against the Owner.
13. The Hirer shall pay for the cost of petrol during the period of hiring PROVIDED ALWAYS that the hirer having taken delivery of the vehicle with a full tank of petrol shall return it likewise failing which the Owner shall be entitled to refill the tank and the cost thereof shall be recoverable from the Hirer.
14. On or prior to the expiration of the period of hire, the Hirer shall return the Vehicle to the Owner in as good order and condition as the Vehicle was when collected by the Hirer from the Owner.
15. No relaxation forbearance or indulgence by the Owner in enforcing any of the terms and conditions of the Agreement shall prejudice or affect the rights and powers of the Owner hereunder nor shall any waiver of any breach operate as a waiver of any subsequent or continuing breach.
16. Any additions or alterations to the terms of this Agreement shall be in writing and mutually agreed to by the parties concerned.
17. This Agreement shall be governed by and is construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore.
Personal Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this document is to inform you how Global Advance Leasing manages Personal Data which is subject to Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (the "PDPA") which governs the collection, use and disclosure of individuals' personal data by organizations.
Global Advance Leasing is committed to safeguarding the personal information entrusted to us by our customers. We manage your personal information in accordance with the obligations guided by Personal Data Protection Commission Singapore. This policy outlines the principles and practices we follow in protecting your personal information. This policy also applies to any person providing services on our behalf.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We generally collect Personal Data in the following ways:
when you submit any form, including but not limited to application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services;
when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
when you interact with our staff, including customer service officers, for example, via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails;
when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our websites or use services on our websites;
when you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list;
when you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data;
when your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events at our premises;
when you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service officers;
when we seek information about you and receive your Personal Data in connection with your relationship with us, including for our products and services or job applications, for example, from business partners, public agencies, your ex-employer, referral intermediaries and the relevant authorities; and/or
when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
We normally collect customer data directly from customers. We may collect your data from other persons with your consent or as authorized by law.
We inform our customers, before or at the time of collecting personal data, of the purposes for which we are collecting the data. However, we do not provide this notification when a customer volunteers information for an obvious purpose such as producing a credit card for a purchase payment when the data will only be used to process the payment.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested, or delays in providing you with products and services you have requested, or processing your applications.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We collect only the personal data that we need for the purposes of providing services to our customers, including personal data needed to:
Create and Maintain customer profile in our system database
Offer, Arrange, Deliver requested products and services
Handle, process and respond to your queries, feedbacks, requests and complaints.
Provide customer service and support, including but not limited to customer relationship management, facilitating and providing reminders of your service booking requests and appointments, managing your test-driving sessions, providing you with administrative support, administering insurance coverage, processing your payments and providing delivery and pick up services.
Follow up with customers to determine satisfaction of our products and services
Meet regulatory requirements
Notify customers of upcoming promotions
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Global Advance Leasing will use and disclose customer personal data only for the purposes for which the information was collected, except as authorized by law. For example, we may use customer contact information to deliver our products and provide our services. We will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure.
Subject to provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes listed above, to the following entitles or parties:
Employees and related corporations and business associates of Global Advance Leasing;
Companies providing services relating to Global Advance Leasing;
Agents, Contractors, sub-contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to Global Advance Leasing;
External banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
Our professional advisers such as consultants, auditors and lawyers;
Companies providing insurance and warranty services to our automotive customers;
Foreign embassies, travel agencies and hotels in relation to facilitating overseas travel arrangements;
Relevant government ministries, regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority; and/or any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
We ask for consent to collect, use or disclose customer personal data, except in specific circumstances where collection, use or disclosure without consent is authorized or required by law. We may assume consent in cases where you volunteer information for an obvious purpose.
In cases where we collected personal data before 1 January 2014, we assume your consent for the purposes for which the personal data was collected, unless the individual has withdrawn consent. If there is a fresh purpose for the use of the personal data, consent will be obtained anew.
Our customers may withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of personal data at any time, unless the personal data is necessary for us to fulfill our legal obligations. We will respect your decision, but we may not be able to provide you with certain products and services if we do not have the necessary personal information.
HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD PERSONAL DATA?
Global Advance Leasing will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, Trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet or through the use of our electronic services, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you use such platforms. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
If applicable, you undertake to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorized person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorized transactions have taken place. We are not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches, on unauthorized and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
ACCESS TO RECORDS CONTAINING PERSONAL DATA
Customers of Global Advance Leasing have access rights to their own personal data in a record that is in our custody or under our control, subject to some exceptions. For example, organizations are required under the Personal Data Protection Act to refuse to provide access to information that would reveal personal data about another individual. Organizations are authorized under the Act to refuse access to personal data if disclosure would reveal confidential information. Access may also be denied if the information is privileged or contained in mediation records.
If we denied a request in whole or part, we will provide the reasons for the refusal. In some cases where exceptions to access apply, we may withhold that information and provide you with the remainder of the record.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have a question or concern about any collection, use or disclosure of personal data by Global Advance Leasing, or about a request for access to your own personal data, please contact us as follows:
Global Advance Leasing
51 Defu Lane 10 Singapore 539216
Call: 6100 0425